Beckenham Communicators cares about privacy. Our club holds personal information for the purpose of running the club and the benefit of members and guests. We work to ensure that the data is held in compliance with all appropriate data regulations such as GDPR. Below is a summary of what information we hold, where it is held, who has access to it and why. We work to ensure that anybody we share the data with treats it appropriately.
If you have any concerns or questions please contact the committee at firstname.lastname@example.org
Who is in charge
Beckenham Communicators is a toastmaster club formed under charter – it is part of an umbrella organisation Toastmasters International (TMI).
The club is managed by an elected core committee that consists of:
- VP Education
- VP Membership
- VP Public Relations
- Sergeant at Arms
The committee can be contacted via our email account email@example.com
What information we collect
We ask for different information about you depending on your relationship with the club. Below are the key relationships and the information collected for each one.
From visiting guests we ask for name, email address and telephone number only. (N.b. guests are not required to provide this information). This information is not shared outside of the club, and is purely held for following up on the guests experience at the club, to invite them to future meeting, keep them updated with our club activities via our club newsletter and to send them joining information.
When a guest decides to become a member, we will collect
- Full Name
- Email Address
- Postal Address
- Phone numbers (mobile/home)
This information will be captured and shared with Toastmasters International (TMI). When someone joins our club they become a member of two organisation, Beckenham Communicators and TMI.
N.b. the TMI website (www.toastmasters.org) is where you will access the online training program and Pathways Learning Experience.
All new members are additionally added to meeting management software easy-Speak. This allows them to schedule their speeches and roles. easy-Speak users can view, update and delete their information on the system as needed.
Who has access to information
Only committee members have access to personal data. E-mail addresses can be shared with specific members on as needed basis. For example for a contest chair, the Toastmaster of the meeting or the organiser of a special event.
Where the club stores data
Below is a list of locations this club stores personal data and who has access.
- Toastmasters.org Club Central – This platform is only accessible to current committee members.
- Beckenham Communicators Dropbox folder – We use Dropbox as a club management tool for all committee members to work collaboratively. Personal data is only shared with current committee members.
- easy-Speak – Personal data is only accessible to current committee members.
- Club e-mail account – The club uses a single e-mail account for all club business, this e-mail account is only accessed and used by some committee members.
- Social Media (Facebook, Meetup) – We may post articles naming members such as speech or evaluation winners at meetings and other club news. If you do not wish to appear in our social media feed please tell us immediately.
- WhatsApp Group – Our club maintains two invite only WhatsApp groups for club business. A general members group and a club officers group.
Under the data protection regulations you have a number of specific rights as specified here:
To summarise you have the right to:
- Know who is holding your data (details above)
- Know who to contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Know what data we collect and what we do with it (see above)
- Who we share information with and why (see above)
- You have the right to ask us what information we hold on you
- You have the right to ask us to delete your information
- You have the right to raise a complaint with the ICO – https://ico.org.uk/